Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Good Question.

So I was thinking, if anyone is reading this, they might think, "how can you have electricity or internet"? Excellent question. Then again, if you're reading this, you have it too, so maybe you did that same thing we did and just got creative.

Last year, before everything fell apart, my dad went all "green" on us and bought these solar panels for our house. Mom thought they were ugly so he put them in the garage. Last winter was a rough one, so Dad got clever and used them to power our heater. Kansas can get pretty hot in the summer so we haven't used those panels for months.

Also, we can't use solar power for lights, because then everyone would see what we have and it would just be a matter of time before we got robbed (or worse) for them (yeah, it got that bad around Feb.) Then we got to thinking, maybe we can power this laptop? Bingo.

As it turns out, someone around Jericho has working WiFi and I managed to "borrow" it. We don't know who it is, or if they are "friendly neighbors" yet either, so I gotta be careful. Whoever I'm tapping isn't online very often, so I post whenever I discover they are.

Hope that answers any question.

3 comments:

terocious said...

I am here although I will not yet say where. You cannnot be too careful these days. I can verify that bit about the Big Apple having survived. I had cause to go several weeks ago but I am staying away. A lot of hungary people there. It is safer out here in the country. I do not have enough gasoline to get back there anyway. Gotta go someone is outside...

Sweet Tea said...

My sister and I are here too. We are more a danger to each other than any stranger could be to us. I'm 86 now so I don't fear much. We have plenty of food and supplies so I can't say where we are.

maybei said...

I am here. Texas is doing OK. Not a lot of news from the outside world though.

We have supplies and the neighbors are pulling together to help each other.